The team here at Travel Clinic UK have compiled a few of their top tips when looking for which travel insurance policy to take out. Make sure you choose wisely!
- Medical Evacuation - what does your insurance say about this?
- Winter sports – some travel insurance policies only cover you for 21 days on the slopes!
- Trekking – does your travel insurance cover mountain rescue and air ambulance?
- Personal property – does this include hired property?
- Underlying health conditions
- Emergency medication
- Over 50? Check your cover!
- Going on a cruise holiday? Does your policy cover medical evacuation from a cruise ship?
- Travelling while waiting for surgery? Check the small print in your policy!
- Does your insurance cover multi trips / multi countries?
- What is the maximum trip duration for the policy?
- Does your travel insurance cover car accidents?
- Does it cover lost passports or travel documents?
- Pre-existing medical conditions?
- Do you know your excess charges?
- Are your gadgets covered? If so does this cover the price of all your gadgets?
- Medical bills – what is the excess on your insurance? You could get hit with a huge excess bill!
For any questions regarding your travel health you can book a free consultation with one of our clinicians by going online to www.travelclinicuk.co.uk or phoning the customer service team on 01252 519479.